Saturday, March 1, 2008

Tyler's First Sleep Over

Tyler's cousin Drew spent the night with us. Tyler was so excited. I pumped him up all week so he could hardly contain himself when Friday arrived and I told him Drew Drew was coming over after school. I picked them up from school and we headed out to Chuck E Cheese to meet up with some of my friends from work. The kids had a blast but let me tell you it was very stressful. They behaved at the dinner table. Actually another Chuck E Cheeser stopped me to tell me how impressed she was with my two kids and their behavior. Well, that did it. Tyler must have overheard because he proceeded to go bonkers. I was very thankful that Jill (Drew's mom) is such a good mom b/c her little angel behaved perfectly. After about 2 hours of chasing Tyler around I picked Tyler up and had my friend Dana place Drew on my left hip (I tried picking them both up at the same time and I almost threw my back out) and I interlocked my fingers and almost ran out the door. I was done. To share a cute road trip story : on the way to lunch Tyler was screaming in his usual high pitch way and Drew would say "Tyler, SHH !! Tyler Hush !!" and Tyler would respond to that by laughing at Drew. They went back and forth for almost 20 minutes. Poor Drew just wanted some peace and quiet. I laughed hysterically b/c Tyler really thought it was funny and Drew really just wanted silence. The more Tyler screamed the more urgent Drew's request got. I really wanted silence too but instead we made a memory. That moment we shared in the car will be one I never forget.

I was really worried about Drew and bedtime. I just knew that Drew was going to flip out when bedtime neared. Well, he didn't. He cuddled with me on the couch and when I put him to bed he just smiled and closed his little eyes. I went back into the living room and grabbed Tyler for our cuddle time. We cuddled and he crashed almost immediately. I was very fortunate that it all went so smoothly. I was worried that Tyler would get upset when he saw me with Drew on the couch and the jealousy would get started up but it didn't.

Saturday morning I woke up to them hollering at each other from their rooms. Tyler was hollering for Drew and Drew was hollering " Tyler where are you?". I looked at the clock and it was 6:45 !!! But I had to laugh, it was so cute them wanting each other. I got them up, changed their diapers and the mad play time began. They had a blast playing. I got them dressed and then we went to my brothers baseball game then we came home for nap. After nap, we played in the yard until Jill came by to get Drew. I think that was around 5:30. They had such a good time with one another & I really enjoyed having Drew over. He is very sweet and affectionate. If you sneeze, he walks to you and says "okay?" and he waits for your answer, then he goes back to doing whatever he was doing.

No comments: