Saturday, August 11, 2007

Hot Air Balloons

This is my favorite Event of the year. I have adored hot air balloons since I was a child. Growing up, they would land on our property in Baton Rouge and our entire family would have this huge cook out and the pilots & crew would land and come eat with us. We always had soo much fun!! Now the balloons land at the Pennington Center and have a big celebration which allows the community to join in on all the fun. I have been coming to this show for the last 3 years but Philip has never been able to join me. Tyler was an infant last year so he just sat in my lap and slept. I have always looked forward to the day where I could bring my family and let them share these experiences. I invited Joe & Robin to come along with us. They really didn't know what to expect so I was very pleased that they had a good time. We all had a great time. We ate at Chick-Fil-A before hand so we wouldn't spend so much money at the balloon show. Then we headed on over to the Balloon Show.


Philip, Tyler, Kaiden & Joe watching the strawberry balloon blow itself up. Kaiden was especially curious about it. He would touch the material then turn and look at Joe with this big ole smile. Kaiden & Tyler were running around like wild things. They were so hot and sweaty, but they had the best time.
Robin took this picture of us during the fireworks display. They were beautiful. What surprised me the most was the loud noise didn't bother any of the kids.We convinced a passerby to take a group photo. I am so glad that the Deschamps family joined us. I couldn't have had a better time. Friends and family are so important. I just love them so much and I am so glad that they moved back to Louisiana.
We were all wiped out and I think all the kids crashed as soon as we turned the vehicle on.



2 comments:

Robin D said...

We did have a lot of fun! Thanks for letting us join in. We love ya'll too and I'm so glad that the boys are starting to play more w/ each other.

Amanda said...

This looks/sounds like it would be so much fun! I can't believe how big Tyler is! The last time I saw a picture of him he was still a little baby. He is so adorable. Your lookin good too katie!

Amanda (in utah :)