Monday, August 11, 2008

Balloon Glow

We went to the Pennington Hot Air Balloon Championship this weekend. Honestly, this is the one event that I absolutely HAVE to go to every year. Usually we venture out on Saturday but this year we decided to go on Friday. We were hoping that most people would be get home from work and not want to get back out in the traffic, which lucky us, we were right. Last year was crowded and really hot. Miserable actually. This year it wasn't crowded and the temperature was right at 84 degrees. 84 degrees in AUGUST ??? How lucky were we. My brother & sis-in-law and my sweet little neice met us out there for the festivities. Ashley wasn't feeling too well so she wasn't really in to the whole thing but Tyler was rockin and rolling.



The actual balloon glow


JJ will not appreciate me posting this picture but it seems that every shot I have with him in it he is making a crazy face.

Ashley trying her hardest to have a good time.

Can you tell that Tyler was amazed with the fireworks ?? This shot had me and Philip cracking up !!

I got a pretty decent video of the balloon glow.

Tyler loves making himself dizzy. It drives me crazy b/c he always falls down and then starts with the crying. He was spinning around for a while and I warned him that he would fall and of course I know nothing and he ignored me. I took it upon myself to record him b/c I knew he was about to bust it. Maybe one day he'll learn his lesson. He only cried for half a second and wasn't hurt at all but you know kids, they have to cry.

1 comment:

Maxwells said...

Oh, how fun! My kids would have loved the balloons. Love your new blog background.
That picture of Tyler is hilarious, that's one to get in a frame.