Friday, August 22, 2008

GREAT NEWS FOR OUR FAMILY !

I just had to post this message my aunt Deanne sent out to our family last night regarding her condition with her eye. She has been battling this for right about a year and at one point we were all thinking that her eye should just be removed but through much prayer Deanne decided to give treatment a shot and by reading this below you will see the awesome power of God and prayer. He really does listen and he definitely answers...

Dear Loved Ones,

Roy and I just returned from my quarterly doctor visit in Memphis. The tumor has shrunk still further. Original size was 10.4 height, 21.7 width, 21.5 at base. It is now 5.6 ht, 15.6 width and 16.7 at base. After Dr. Wilson (who is a wonderful Godly man) examined by eye and did all the ultrasounds and pictures, he said the retina detachment has resolved. After a moment of considering what that meant, I came to the unlikely conclusion that the retina had returned to correct position. I asked Dr. Wilson if this was the case, and with a big smile and high five, he said "Yes, your retina has reattached!! That is medically impossible". Also, all fluid has gone from my eye and I am beginning to get partial sight back. Dr. Wilson said the pain in my eye was 'phanton pain' and he bet it would be gone in the morning. It is gone NOW!

Last year when this all began, I prayed for a miracle of complete healing. Of course, I wanted complete healing before I had to undergo any pain and suffering. But our great God wanted me to put all my faith in Him and let Him take care of every step of this process. Guess what, He knows what He is doing. I have learned over the past 12 months that I can not do anything - I have to let go and let God.

I know that so many faithful people have been praying for me and I want you all to know that God heard.

Thank you all!!
PRAISE BE TO GOD!!!

Love, Deanne

1 comment:

Robin D said...

That's such a sweet and inspiring story. I'm so glad God gave your family a miracle which will only increase your faith in him. He's amazing that's for sure!