Sunday, December 28, 2008

The Night Before Christmas and not a creature was stirring not even a mouse . . .

YEAH RIGHT !!!!
My house was buzzing well into the AM hours...
This was an exciting Christmas b/c Tyler is actually old enough to understand the concept of Santa Claus so we really played it up for him. We tried very hard to make cookies for Santa but with a newborn and with all the holiday parties it was impossible. It was the one thing that I felt like 'I had to do' but it just didn't work out. We ended up leaving Santa pre-made cookies which Santa told me he enjoyed.


Me and the kiddos being silly.

Tyler was so excited. He loved their pajamas. He thought Kaleigh's were 'too' pretty.

Such a silly boy !!

Philip had to work nights during this Christmas holiday so I helped Santa Claus get all the kids gifts ready so it was a very long night. To make a long story short. Tyler had no intentions of going to be. We were lying on the couch and he was finally not bouncing off the walls and out of nowhere I jumped up and said that I heard jingle bells and that I thought Santa was near and if he wasn't in bed asleep Santa would skip our house and go to the next house. Before I could finish that statement Tyler was jumping off the couch and ran into his room and dove in his bed. It was so funny b/c he didn't even want me to give him a kiss goodnite b/c he was worried that he would miss Santa so I had to just settle for us blowing kisses goodnite. I'll have to remember that for next year.
I didn't get to bed until well after 1:30. Luckily Kaleigh allowed me to sleep until 4:45.






No comments: