Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Daddy's Home

Philip made it home around 9:15 last night from his hunting trip. Tyler was pretty much sleeping with me on the couch by 8:30, well that was until Philip called to tell us he was in shouting distance and that I better keep Tyler up until he got home. So, I got the kid moving again and we patiently waited for daddy to get home. I saw the lights from the truck turning into the driveway so I told Tyler to come outside with me to see who was at the house. As we turned the corner Tyler spotted Philip and let out a big gasp and started smiling really big so I put him down and he ran to Philip saying "daddy-daddy-daddy" the whole way. Tyler was thrilled to have his daddy home. Philip was happy to be home too. He was wooped. We made our way back into the house and the wrestling began. They played on the floor together until 10:00 and I finally had to ask Philip to start settling down again so we could attempt to get Tyler asleep before midnight. I think Tyler crashed a few minutes later.

I didn't have much time to talk with Philip last night but I sure did miss him. I did get the details of a few of their hunting experiences while snuggling on the couch but that was short lived. We were all so tired & we were both asleep by 10:30.

My sweetheart is home - safe and sound.

No comments: