Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Our long and interesting weekend

Thursday, our day of Thanksgiving started off with a bang, try cramming 40 people in a house that should at MAX only hold 20-25 all together for Thanksgiving dinner. It was a world wind. Dana's clean house was destroyed within minutes, kids were running wild and adults were all standing where-ever possible.
Most everyone was in good spirits, well except for my Covington crew. I ate a bad steak the day before that about killed me. I couldn't stand the smell or taste of anything. I didn't eat the first bite of Thanksgiving dinner. That's really sad. Tyler was in an extremely foul mood b/c Philip tried to teach him to share a toy with his cousin Micah, which ended in disaster. Tyler had a screaming fit the rest of our stay at Dana's. He was literally throwing himself onto the ground with anger. It was past his nap time and it just wasn't a good situation. Poor Philip was just trying to hold us all together. Needless to say, we left after a while and we all went home and crashed. We all needed the nap. Afterwards, we perked up and had a nice quiet evening at home.
Friday it was decided that we should have another mini Thanksgiving at Aunt Sandra's house. We brought whatever leftovers we had and we all ate together. It was relaxing and we all had good food with great company. It was about 10 of us, maybe a few more. Tyler played well with the other kids and we all kicked back. THEN the LSU football game on. Let's just say we all know that LSU lost the game. Enough said.
Saturday & Sunday went by quietly and then in the middle of the night Sunday/Monday morning I woke up with extreme pain in my abdominal area. I freaked out b/c I couldn't move and I was hurting VERY bad. I decided that my appendix must have ruptured and I was about to die. Philip left work and met me at the house and Sonia came over to stay the night with Tyler while we were at the Emergency Room. It ended up that my appendix did not rupture but I indeed to have kidney stones. More than likely I got them through genes passed down from my sweet daddy. He used to get them all the time. So Monday and most of yesterday I was doped up on pain medication so needless to say I was in lala land. Yesterday I went to an urologist and they did a whole bunch of test and x-rays and luckily I passed the stone there and was able to go home without any pain. My kidneys are still sore and I feel like I have been punched in the side about a hundred times but the soreness is managable which I am very happy about. I don't like taking medication so my stress level is back to normal.

No comments: