Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Just an update.

We scheduled a little getaway to the camp last weekend. It was very much needed and we didn't get much rest or relaxing done but we did have a great time. Sometimes it's just nice to get away from the every day pattern of life. Tyler loved the boat and was very curious about the water flowing under the boat so he would just sit and watch the water rippling against the boat. We actually fed the Pelicans and Tyler thought that was about the coolest thing ever but I didn't get any pictures so sorry.
Tyler's first ride in the boat of the trip. Doesn't he look cute and silly !!
Tyler was really driving the boat, of course, with my assistance.
We were barely moving.
Tyler trying to figure out the whole "water" deal.
Papa & Tyler chillin the boat.
So, I went on my first business meeting for the City of Denham Springs. It was a conference in Alexandria, LA and it was overnight. I was very nervous about leaving home but at the same time looking forward to doing something new and learning new things. Along with 4 of my collegues, the Mayor of Denham Springs and a couple of the City Councilmen, we went to classes and seminars that Tuesday and Wednesday. We learned some interesting stuff about water & wastewater systems. What was even better was I only spent $5 on a drink, everything else was FREE !! YEY !! Anyhow, Tyler had to stay 2 nights with Sonia b/c I was gone and Philip's work schedule was crazy. When I got home Tyler didn't want anything to do with me, I guess I would be mad too if my mama left me too. These two pictures are of bath time @ Sonia's.

I think this is the cutest bath picture EVER !!

1 comment:

Robin D said...

I don't know who that little boy is. It can't be Tyler b/c he's actually looking at the camera!
We missed Tyler man on Tues and wanted him to go to Chuck-E-Cheese with us! Oh well maybe next time. :)