Thursday, January 31, 2008

My Birthday Dinner

This past Thursday, Jan. 31st, I turned 28 !! I am acknowledging that I am getting older and I am no longer in my MID twenties. My birthday celebrations really began on Wednesday - Lucky ME. Wednesday I went to lunch with my girls from City Hall. Val, Kelly, Rachelle and I went to Cocodries. The soup and salad was delicious and relatively healthy. Wednesday evening I went home and then we went to Sonia & Jimmy's house for dinner. They made me crawfish pie. For those of you who don't know the story, all I wanted for my 21st birthday was for my dad to make a crawfish pie for me. He made the best pie and as memory served me I thought about that crawfish pie every birthday and made darn good and well to mention to my dad each and every year. It became more of a joke to him but I really did want that pie. So, my in-laws decided to make one for me. It was very good and has renewed my love for crawfish pie. So, the begging now starts all over again for my dad and now my in-laws. I guess they could teach me how to make it myself BUT really, how much fun would that be?

Anyhow, on Thursday Philip met me and the guys from work (BJ, Chris and Tom) at Lonestar for lunch. It was really good too and I had so much fun just laughing at the guys. They are the funniest, most immature guys around, but they love me and I love them too. They made the waiters at the restaurant sing "Happy Birthday" to me, which was very embarrassing. Philip got me the DVR capability for the house, which is totally awesome. I have gone DVR crazy !! The guys from work got me a digital photo frame for my office. It's really nice, I just have to finish downloading the pictures I want to the memory card. Thursday evening we went to Outback with Sonia and Jimmy. THEN on Friday, my dad and I went and saw "The Eye" at the theater, had lunch and then had birthday fun at their house that evening.

So, as you can tell I had a great birthday this year, like every year BUT I must say last year only a handful of people remembered my birthday, which is perfectly okay, but I accepted that as you get older people don't call as much. Well, this year I felt like the most special person. Soo many people called to wish me a Happy Birthday !! It was so nice to know that people love and think of you as much as you love them. I am so very blessed to have such wonderful family and friends in my life. If we all could just take 1 minute out of the day to tell someone how much we love them I really do think the world would be a much better place. So, here's my minute. I love all of you and I am very thankful for each of you.

Be prepared . . . I have tons of pictures to download.

Tyler stiff arming me so he could hog the camera for himself.
A family picture
My very silly waiter laughing b/c I turned as red as the other waitress' shirt.
Me and my birthday cake @ Outback

No comments: