Monday, October 20, 2008

AN ALL GIRLS TRIP

My grandmother's birthday is Sept. 27th and for her birthday this year she wanted to go to Fairhope, AL. A few of us that were capable of going all went and we really had a great time. It was me, Suzanne, Kathie, my grandmother, CC, Deanne, Dana, Mitzi, Laura and Alison. This was the first time that I had ever been on a girls trip with them. I had so much fun, I laughed more than I have laughed in years. At one point when CC tried to run over Deanne I had to physically stop, hunch over & pray that I could control my bladder - which I did thank goodness. We had a great time and if they want to go next year I'll be on board. The location was gorgeous and I really hope to go back again with Philip & Tyler. Me and Suzanne shared a room and out of us that went we by far had to best view and room.

From left to right: top row: Deanne, Suzanne, CC, Mitzi, Dana, Alison, myself --- bottom row: Kathie, Mama and Laura.

Dana & Alison giving mama a ride around the grounds.

Deanne on her biking expedition. Deanne, Kathie, Alison, Mitzi, Laura and Dana decided that they were going to go biking to the shopping district. What they didn't know that the round trip added up to about NINE miles, which doesn't sound too bad but considering the hills they had to bike up and down were a factor, they were all pretty whooped. Kathie went over a bridge and apparently misjudged her distanced b/c she crashed into some nice full bushes SO Laura felt bad for her and went back to the hotel to rest. I would have given anything to witness that bust.

The kid section of the swimming area.

More of the kid area.

Yet some more kid friendly area

This is looking to the left from our room.

This is looking to the right from our balcony.

This is our room.

The lodging area surrounds this beautiful lake. All around the lake are little nooks that one can escape to. They had a bunch of ducks and fountains. This place really is gorgeous.

No comments: